Vivian Carroll

Default Page # Code Problem

Hi All,

In Word 2000, I start out with a header with Page X of Y codes that work
just fine. Then suddenly in a multipage document, they start printing "Page
1 of 1," "Page 2 of 2" etc. I think it may happen the first time that Track
Changes is used in the document. But even after all of the changes have been
accepted, the page numbering problem exists. Even if I delete the header and
recreate it, the problem remains. I know that sometimes problems lie in the
last paragraph mark of a document - however, I have tried copying the entire
body, including the last paragraph mark into another document and it does
not cause a problem with the header in that document.

I checked the MS Knowledge Base but didn't find the answer. What is causing
the problem, how can I prevent it, and how can I fix it?

TIA,

Vivian Carroll

Graham Mayor

See