Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jesslynn

Default Where can I find a phonorecords copyright symbol?

I need to find a copyright symbol for Phonorecords... it looks exactly like
the copyright symbol (c) but instead of the c it is a p. I can not find this
symbol in the character map and I have searched on the internet, but still
haven't found anything. Please help!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:19:04 -0800, Jesslynn wrote:

I need to find a copyright symbol for Phonorecords... it looks exactly like
the copyright symbol (c) but instead of the c it is a p. I can not find this
symbol in the character map and I have searched on the internet, but still
haven't found anything. Please help!!!

Greetings--
Arial Unicode MS has it in the "Enclosed Alphanumerics" subset.
--
Cheers
Robert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Uncle Joe

"Jesslynn" wrote in message
I need to find a copyright symbol for Phonorecords... it looks exactly like
the copyright symbol (c) but instead of the c it is a p. I can not find this
symbol in the character map and I have searched on the internet, but still
haven't found anything. Please help!!!

From the Internet at http://copyrightservice.co.uk/copyri...pyright_symbol

Phonographic rights

The 'P in a circle', is referred to as the sound recording, phonorecords,
phonogram or phonographic copyright symbol. Sound recordings have
a separate copyright that is distinct from that of the underlying work.
The duration of this will typically run from the date of publication of
the sound recording and the character is used to denote this particular
right that exists in sound recordings.

The character can be found in the 'Webdings' font on most computers,
and the UTF8 character set code for the character is '℗'.
Unfortunately for web site developers, Internet Explorer (including IE 6)
and Konqueror browsers, still do not fully support the Unicode character
set and will not display this correctly, an image is therefore required to
display this online.

Good luck!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Type 24C5 and press Alt-X. If you need to use this frequently, format it as
superscript if that's how you use it, select it, and create an AutoCorrect
entry for it like (p).
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.