Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Persian Persian is offline

Default Half Spacing Between Characters

Hi,

In Persian (Farsi), in addition to spacing between characters, there is also
"Half Spacing" between characters by pressing "Ctrl+Shift+2" keys when
required.

For example:

http://suprfile.com/src/1/382yeve/Space.JPG

In "Microsoft Word 2003 Professional Edition" however, half spaces change to
vertical lines except in "Reading View". Here is an example:

http://suprfile.com/src/1/3830dsd/HalfSpaceWord.JPG

This problem occurs only for me. In other computers with Word 2003 installed
that I tested, there aren't vertical lines, and half spacing works correctly.
When files typeset correctly are sent to me the same problem occurs on my
computer.

How can I get rid of these vertical lines ?

Thank you,

Persian.

--
When You Remember Your Past,
You Become a Poet.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I think you will find, if you zoom in on them, that the vertical lines are
actually narrow boxes, and they are just Word's representation of the
non-printing spaces. Select Tools Options View (tab) and look under the
Formatting Marks heading - you will have either or both of "Spaces" and
"All" checked. Uncheck them both.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Persian" lyricepidemy[at]gmail[dot]com wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Persian Persian is offline

First of all tnx for your helping Tony.

They were unchecked.
Also I zoomed in on them, I think they aren't narrow boxes:

http://suprfile.com/src/1/384x2yd/NotNarrow.JPG

--
When You Remember Your Past,
You Become a Poet.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

I think you will find, if you zoom in on them, that the vertical lines are
actually narrow boxes, and they are just Word's representation of the
non-printing spaces. Select Tools Options View (tab) and look under the
Formatting Marks heading - you will have either or both of "Spaces" and
"All" checked. Uncheck them both.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

The only other thing I can think of is some sort of issue with the Font. I
can't configure my system to reproduce the problem and don't know of any
other Word setting that might cause it. Do the lines print?