Form Fields in Protected Document

Old April 20th 06, 06:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Form Fields in Protected Document

I have a document with form fields for entering text. I can type and the
field will expand to accomodate my text. I can format the text with bold,
italic, bullets, etc.

However, when I protect the document so that noone changes the text outside
the fields, I can no longer format the text inside the fields. I can only
enter unformatted text and most of the formatting controls are disabled.

Is there a way to allow formatting of form field text when a document is
protected?

Old April 20th 06, 09:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Sorry, but not as a simple form document. You can however, create
some automated functions which would provide you the ability to
temporarily unprotect the document, make the necessary changes, and
then re-protect the document.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.