Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ickle-Vix Ickle-Vix is offline

Default word wont let me type

Hi! I recently got a laptop from a friend, when i tryed using microsoft word
it would'nt let me type anything and the toolbars were all grey so i cudent
click on them. I have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing has
changed can someone please help me with this.Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Sounds like you have an expired trial version, or a full version that needs
activating (Help Activate)

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Ickle-Vix" wrote in message
Hi! I recently got a laptop from a friend, when i tryed using microsoft

word
it would'nt let me type anything and the toolbars were all grey so i

cudent
click on them. I have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing has
changed can someone please help me with this.Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I've never had an expired trial of Office, but what you describe sounds
exactly what I would expect. Are you quite sure that isn't what you've got?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Ickle-Vix" wrote in message
Hi! I recently got a laptop from a friend, when i tryed using

microsoft
word
it would'nt let me type anything and the toolbars were all grey so

cudent
click on them. I have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling and

nothing
has
changed can someone please help me with this.Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How do you know it isn't a trial version?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ickle-Vix" wrote in message
Hi! I recently got a laptop from a friend, when i tryed using microsoft

word
it would'nt let me type anything and the toolbars were all grey so i

cudent
click on them. I have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing
has
changed can someone please help me with this.Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Ron is offline

Unless I am misunderstanding your post "Ickle-Vix" gave you the correct
information: On the Help menu, click Activate Product. If Word is activated,
a message tells you that the product was already activated. If Word is not
activated, the Office Activation Wizard appears to guide you through the
activation process.
--
Who Cares Who Dares Who Wins

"Ickle-Vix" wrote:

Hi! I recently got a laptop from a friend, when i tryed using microsoft word
it would'nt let me type anything and the toolbars were all grey so i cudent
click on them. I have tryed uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing has
changed can someone please help me with this.Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ickle-Vix Ickle-Vix is offline

nothing comes up though. i have tryed pressing it several times and its like
i havent even pressed anything. strange???