Word 2007 view defaults to "Thumbnails" rather than "Document Map"

Old February 21st 07, 06:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bruggie

Default Word 2007 view defaults to "Thumbnails" rather than "Document Map"

My existing Word 2007 documents are saved with the "Document Map" view open,
yet when I re-open them later, it *always* defaults to the "Thumbnail" view.
Is there any way to change this or is it a bug?
Old March 1st 07, 08:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M.

Hi =?Utf-8?B?QnJ1Z2dpZQ==?=,

My existing Word 2007 documents are saved with the "Document Map" view open,
yet when I re-open them later, it *always* defaults to the "Thumbnail" view.
Is there any way to change this or is it a bug?

I remember this being a problem in Word 2003 for some people. I was able to
duplicate it, once, and I think we even figured out how to turn it off. But
unfortunately a Google Groups search doesn't turn up that discussion. There are
others, but none of them discuss the source of the problem sigh

Here's the most helpful of those discussions. It provides a workaround in the
form of some macro code

http://groups.google.ch/group/micros...owse_frm/threa
d/90957405b3720f64/991ec947295b040b?lnk=st&q=Document+Map+thumbnail+g roup%3Amic
rosoft.public.*&rnum=9&hl=de#991ec947295b040b

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)