Phil

Default How to copy linked Excel and Word files and retain links

I have links between Excel files and Word files. I use these files for
multiple projects. When I copy them and paste them to a new folder the new
files would be linked together. For some reason this has stopped. Now when I
copy, the Word file has links to the original document, not to the copied
document.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGhpbA==?=,

I have links between Excel files and Word files. I use these files for
multiple projects. When I copy them and paste them to a new folder the new
files would be linked together. For some reason this has stopped. Now when I
copy, the Word file has links to the original document, not to the copied
document.

Mmmm. You don't mention the version of Word involved?

My best guess would be that the option in Tools/OPtions/General/Web
options/Files for updating links on save my be unchecked.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)