Kimmie B

Default controlling the paragraph format used by bullet and indent icons

I want to add a feature to my template so that each time a user clicks the
bullet icon, the resulting paragraph has specific features, such as spacing
and indentation.

I've created bullet 1 and bullet 2 styles that behave correctly if the user
selects that style format from the style dropdown, but I want users to be
able to use the button and indent icons without having to select from the
style format menu.

Is that possible?
Graham Mayor

You can't do this. Instead, create a custom toolbar and from the tools
customize dialog drag your bulleted styles to the menu. Save the toolbar
with the document or template as appropriate.

Kimmie B wrote:
I want to add a feature to my template so that each time a user
clicks the bullet icon, the resulting paragraph has specific
features, such as spacing and indentation.

I've created bullet 1 and bullet 2 styles that behave correctly if
the user selects that style format from the style dropdown, but I
want users to be able to use the button and indent icons without
having to select from the style format menu.

Is that possible?

Stefan Blom

Attach each of the styles you've created to a custom toolbar button:
Right-click a toolbar and choose Customize from the context menu.
Click the Commands tab. Select the Styles category. You'll find a list
of the styles in use. Drag the styles to the desired toolbar (or to a
toolbar created for this particular purpose).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kimmie B" wrote in message
I want to add a feature to my template so that each time a user

clicks the
bullet icon, the resulting paragraph has specific features, such as

spacing
and indentation.

I've created bullet 1 and bullet 2 styles that behave correctly if

the user
selects that style format from the style dropdown, but I want users

to be
able to use the button and indent icons without having to select

from the
style format menu.

Is that possible?

Yes. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...uttonFaces.htm. Note
that in item 2 Dave suggests that creating button images from scratch is too
difficult for him. I have found, however, that using the Button Image Editor
can be rather fun, as you can see the results as you go, and with a little
practice you can get some nice effects.