gabby_04

Default what is the definition for socioeconomic conditions?

what is the definition of socioeconomic conditons
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Socio comes from social, and refers to any number of demographic and social
conditions, such as the age structure, racial composition, sex ratio,
marriage & divorce rates, and so on.

Economic refers to the economic conditions, such as income, unemployment
rates, savings rates, and so on.

Social scientists use socioeconomic as an umbrella term to cover a wide
variety of interrelated social and economic factors that might tend to
explain an observed phenomenon, event or set of events (such as war,
revolution, political realignment, etc.).

Social scientists have long observed that crime rates are associated with
low income, birth rates, the divorce rate, and other factors. None of these
occur in isolation. They are all related to each other. Drug usage and
patterns of drug use are also associated with similar socioeconomic
conditions. Gang activity often is associated with rapid population
realignments, as new arrivals to a given area tend to cluster together to
retain identity, as well as to take advantage of opportunities for criminal
enterprise. We saw this in the U.S. in the 1920s and 1930s, again in the
1950s and 1960s, and recently.

This is all very cursory and just to try to give you the flavor of things.
You will need to do some research.

In any event, none of this has anything to do with document management. But,
I seldom get a chance to use my academic training here, so I thought I'd go
for it. Good luck with your assignment.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP

Don't ask a Word NG; Ask Jeeves (www.ask.com)!