Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
zafar

Default opening password protected doc

hi...i want to know how crack the password my friend has change my document
password and i am not able to open it wil u help me in ths how tp crack that
password which is protecting that particul word document

"Jond" wrote:

well, i'm an idiot. i put a password on one of my documents with financial data in it a few months back. i need the info but lost the password. i cannot view it as read only either, i tried to select that option in the properties so that i could just highlight all the stuff and put it in a new document but even when i select it, it doesn't give me the read only option.
You guys know of any way to get at it or a free program to crack it? thanks for any info

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis

Why would one use passwords on documents, if there were known programs that
would circumvent the password? Dig up the password, or forget the file.