Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Custom Table Auto Format not working properly - bold headings.

Hi everybody,

I've created an Auto Format style for a table an am using it to format
existing tables. The trouble is that there is always one or two settings
that will not get applied to the table - for example, if the header row is
supposed to be bold and shaded, it will come up only shaded, but not bold.
Or this will work and cell alignment is not going to be coorectly applied
across the table. I've obviously tried replying the style couple of times
(like if you have to apply style twice to a paragraph if you have two
different styles within it), but to no avail. I've checked all my settings
and made sure my style is defined coorectly. This problem happens with other
styles as well.

It's almost like some of the settings worked as switches - if the first row
was bold before the change, and the style makes it bold it will become
normal, if it was normal it will become bold. If I undefine bold, then it
keeps the setting. Very strange and frustrating. The version 2003, no sp or
updates.

Second of the problems is the alignment which i can't get to work at all in
some cases.

Thanks for reading this.

Regards,

R.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

It's almost like some of the settings worked as switches - if the first row
was bold before the change, and the style makes it bold it will become
normal, if it was normal it will become bold. If I undefine bold, then it
keeps the setting. Very strange and frustrating. The version 2003, no sp or
updates.

This is the way Word works. Somethings, such as italics and bold ARE toggle
settings (bold + bold = not-bold).

When working with Table Styles it's practically a must to start with NO
formatting applied to the text in the table. Select the entire table, press
Ctrl+Spacebar, Ctrl+Q, then apply the Normal style. Then apply your table
style.

Second of the problems is the alignment which i can't get to work at all in
some cases.

You need to be more specific about what kinds of problems you're seeing. But
first see if the above steps help at all, as paragraph alignment may be
conflicting with your table style.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Adjusting Table format Word 2003 pablo Microsoft Word Help 1 March 2nd 06 10:33 AM
Table format lost Edi Tables 1 January 11th 05 02:21 PM
How do I format my Table of Contents to have hyperlinks? fadeout Microsoft Word Help 3 December 13th 04 10:21 PM
Autoformat table doesn't format font's after changing default font B?atrice Karjalainen Tables 2 December 4th 04 02:58 PM
Getting the format of a table Kind writer/user/programmer Tables 0 October 29th 04 02:52 AM