Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
-- Sarah -- Sarah is offline

Default Restoring!

I accidentally saved over a document. Can I recover the older version?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That depends. Is there an older version?

If you're using word 2003 or earlier , and if you're using the version
feature, then you should be able to open that file, then use the command
File - Versions to access the older version.

If you haven't explicitly used the Version feature, then that's not an
option. If you have backups enabled, and if you haven't overwritten the most
recent backup, then look for a file named "Backup of [original file
name].wbk" in the same location as the original file.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible