Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Templar

Default Autotext and formatting

I am working on a series of templates that isn't fun at this point. I
am trying to modify an autotext that is in the header/footer group on a
template. But when I select any of the header styles it tries to format
it with that style. I want the current format to remain intact just add
the autotext in that group.

I'm working on systems that have Word 97 and 2003. It also seems that
there is a text box that is included in the header autotext. I am
working on one template that has the autotext but it's called from a
macro in another template.

Hope this makes sense.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Format using the Header or Footer style. Select the text for your AutoText
being careful to not include any paragraph marks. (You need to have the
display of non-printing characters turned on.) Save that as your AutoText
entry. When it is inserted, it will take on the formatting of the recipient
paragraph.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.