Ron

Default How to print multiple pages/sheet correctly in Word

When I try to print e.g., 4 pages per sheet in Word 2002, the output
apparently cannot be forced to print the 1st page at the top left; the 2nd
page at the top right; 3rd page at the bottom left; and the 4th page at the
bottom right. This seems to be the case using the Zoom feature as well as
the Properties|Features button/tab and selecting multiple pages per sheet.
With the latter, the graphic is correct, but the printed output is not. The
same situation obtains with 2 pages/sheet, etc. Other Office applications
print multiple pages/sheet correctly.

Ron

For my example of 4 pages/sheet they all print but cannot be made to print
with the 1st page at top left; 2nd page at top right; 3rd page at bottom
left; and 4th page at bottom right. This obtains regardless of whether the
Zoom feature or any of the settings on the Features Tab. However, the order
can be changed depending on the "Order" setting on the Features Tab, but
never to give the ordering above.

"Ron" wrote in message
When I try to print e.g., 4 pages per sheet in Word 2002, the output
apparently cannot be forced to print the 1st page at the top left; the 2nd
page at the top right; 3rd page at the bottom left; and the 4th page at

the
bottom right. This seems to be the case using the Zoom feature as well as
the Properties|Features button/tab and selecting multiple pages per sheet.
With the latter, the graphic is correct, but the printed output is not.

The
same situation obtains with 2 pages/sheet, etc. Other Office applications
print multiple pages/sheet correctly.

You still haven't said what order you are getting. sigh

I haven't tried this, but I would think that the order would be influenced
by the ordering of the page numbers in the page box. Instead of entering,
say, "1-4" or "1,2,3,4," try entering "1,3,2,4" or some other order until
you find one that works.

Your description of a Features tab, however, suggests that you are printing
4 pages per sheet using a setting in your printer Properties rather than
Word's "pages per sheet" setting, which has no such interface.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What are you getting instead?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Ron" wrote in message
When I try to print e.g., 4 pages per sheet in Word 2002, the output
apparently cannot be forced to print the 1st page at the top left; the

2nd
page at the top right; 3rd page at the bottom left; and the 4th page

at
the
bottom right. This seems to be the case using the Zoom feature as

well as
the Properties|Features button/tab and selecting multiple pages per

sheet.
With the latter, the graphic is correct, but the printed output is

not.
The
same situation obtains with 2 pages/sheet, etc. Other Office

applications
print multiple pages/sheet correctly.

Ron

The order when File|Print|Zoom is taken is reversed, i.e., p.1 appears at
bottom right; p. 2 at botom left; p. 3 at top right; and p. 4 at top left.
When File|Print|Properties|Features|Pages to per sheet|4 is taken there are
4 options, which produce different results (seems foolish to enumerate the 4
sets here), none of which is the desired top left, top right, bottom left,
bottom right.
Individually specifying pages as you suggest gets cumbersome for 50-100 page
documents, which I often have to deal with. It turns out that if you
deselect "Reverse print order" in Print|Options things can be forced to work,
but then in order to get the end of the document to print first you must go
to Print|Properties|Features and select "Start Printing from Last Page" to
not have to reorder the pages.