Garrett

Default How can I access my downloaded templates through Word?

After I have already downloaded new templates and have pasted them in the
file directory where all the other templates are originally stored, how do I
access them from the "New Document" task pane?
Dian D. Chapman, MVP

If you saved them, correctly, to your template directory, then
clicking File New will bring up the dialog box if you are using
versions previous to 2003. For that version, you need to then also
click the ON MY COMPUTER link that displays in the Task Pane along the
right.

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified, Editor/TechTrax

View Hurricane Humane Updates: http://www.mousetrax.com/pets.html
Free Microsoft Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 18:45:02 -0800, "Garrett"
wrote:

After I have already downloaded new templates and have pasted them in the
file directory where all the other templates are originally stored, how do I
access them from the "New Document" task pane?

Charles Kenyon

They should be in the folder designated as your user templates folder, which
in Word 2000 and later should not be the same folder as Word uses for its
installed templates. Tools Options File Locations Then use File New
to access them.

For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog,
and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon