Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RG RG is offline

Default Security

Is it possible to create a password to open or modify a file (not just one
document) in Microsoft office 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Please clarify what you are trying to do.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RG" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a password to open or modify a file (not just one
document) in Microsoft office 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RG RG is offline

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for answering. In Word 2007 we can set a password to open a document
(encrypt document). I would like to set password to open a folder with
documents inside. I have in one folder more than 100 documents, I do not have
time to encrypt every single document. Is it possible?
Thank you again
Rita

"RG" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a password to open or modify a file (not just one
document) in Microsoft office 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's not possible from within Word, but you can use a program such as WinZip
to compress a folder and set a password.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

PDF Security WB Microsoft Word Help 2 November 10th 07 12:42 PM
Security Trying To Excel Microsoft Word Help 3 August 31st 06 05:23 PM
Word Freezing after security update 908531 (security bulletin MS06 V Burke Microsoft Word Help 0 June 1st 06 07:56 PM
security Anas Microsoft Word Help 3 November 24th 05 04:43 PM
security joanlaw Microsoft Word Help 1 December 29th 04 11:52 AM