Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ray Cox

Default How to stop document position from jumping when creating index entry

Can anyone tell me how to stop the following:

Whenever I use the "Mark Index Entry" feature (MS Word 2003 for Windows) to
mark an index entry, after clicking the Mark button, Word automatically
switches to the "hidden text view" mode. When I click the button to switch
back to normal view, the document page position is moved to the extent that
the text I was marking isn't even visible on the screen any more. So for
every entry I make, I need to make the following (needless) extra steps to
continue making entries: Click button to go back to normal mode; scroll
back up to bring the text where I was editing back onscreen.

Thanks for any help.

Ray