Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Betsy Betsy is offline

Default For some reason my cursor is showing a paragraph sign?

All of a sudden the cursor in word has a paragraph sign attached. how do i
disable this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sol sol is offline

Word 2007. Select the home tab and in the "Paragraph" group you will see an
icon with the paragraph sign in the upper right corner of that group. Click
on it and the paragraph sign should disappear. You may also use the
keystrokes Ctrl + * If it shows up each time you open a new document then
you have to reset your default settings. Go to the Office Button - Word
Options, and from the left navigation pane, select Display. The 2nd section,
"Always show these formatting marks on the screen" has a list of symbols that
you can have show upon opening your document. Uncheck any of the boxes.

Word 2003. On your standard tool bar you will see an icon with the
paragraph sign. Deselect it. If it shows up each time you open a document,
the tools - options. select the View tab and about the middle of the page
you will see a list under the "Formatting marks" section. Deselect any items
previously checked.

"Betsy" wrote:

All of a sudden the cursor in word has a paragraph sign attached. how do i
disable this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com is offline

Betsy,

For more information on non-printing characters and why it might be useful
to see them - at least sometimes - see the MVP article:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!