Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PKG-TxState PKG-TxState is offline

Default Reveal Formatting from the styles menu

In Word 2003, there was an option to show the formatting of a paragraph or
word. It was accessible from the Styles Task Pane. There also was an option
to remove all formatting. I cannot find either of these functions in Word
2007. I teach them to my technical writing students and they are very useful
if you have to handle documents sent to you electronically. Sometimes it is
the only way to figure out why a change you are trying to make won't work.
Have these been eliminated from 2007 and if not where are they?
Pat Gibson
Occupational Education Program
Texas State University-San Marcos

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For Reveal Formatting, the keystroke still works in Word 2007 -- press
Shift+F1 to toggle the Reveal Formatting pane on/off.

There's also a new tool called the Style Inspector, available from the
Styles task pane (which can be displayed either by clicking the launcher in
the lower right corner of the Styles section of the Home ribbon tab, or by
pressing Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S). The Style Inspector is the middle button at the
bottom of the Styles task pane.

To remove all formatting, select the text, and click the Clear Formatting
tool in the northeast corner of the Font section in the Home ribbon tab.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"PKG-TxState" wrote in message
In Word 2003, there was an option to show the formatting of a paragraph or
word. It was accessible from the Styles Task Pane. There also was an
option
to remove all formatting. I cannot find either of these functions in Word
2007. I teach them to my technical writing students and they are very
useful
if you have to handle documents sent to you electronically. Sometimes it
is
the only way to figure out why a change you are trying to make won't work.
Have these been eliminated from 2007 and if not where are they?
Pat Gibson
Occupational Education Program
Texas State University-San Marcos

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:
For Reveal Formatting, the keystroke still works in Word 2007 -- press
Shift+F1 to toggle the Reveal Formatting pane on/off.

snip

You can also add a Reveal Formatting icon to the Quick Access Toolbar
(QAT). It is under "Commands Not in the Ribbon" (or "All Commands").
The new Style Inspector is also a great tool, as Herb mentioned in his post.

David
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PKG-TxState[_2_] PKG-TxState[_2_] is offline

Thanks to both of you. We have installed 2007 in all the computer labs on
campus and are all stumbling through the adjustment process. Even educators
find change unsettling!
Pat Gibson