Anna Summers

Default How do I access Word Help file without having to insert a CD ever.

Word 2000 - It is extremely annoying and slow to have to open a cd case and
insert a cd everytime I want to access Help. When I installed, I selected the
"access everything from my hard drive" options. How can I get the Help
files onto my hard drive?

Word 2003 - I was going to buy Office 2003, but I tried it out on a
friend's machine and saw that it tried to "phone home" every single time a
document was started up. If it was denied internet access it failed to start
up. I keep very close watch on software that tries to access the internet.
My word processing software does NOT need internet access. Is there a way to
use Word 2003 WITHOUT it trying to access the internet every time it is
started? I like the soft blue interface and would like to purchase it, but
ONLY if I can run it without it trying to open internet access every time it
starts. If there is no way to turn it off, then I'll just keep using what
I've got.
Jay Freedman

I can't help you with the Word 2000 problem -- it sounds like a bad
installation that doesn't realize it's complete. Maybe someone else knows.

Yes, you can shut off the Office 2003 internet access (although even if you
don't, it shouldn't refuse to start up). At the bottom of the Help task
pane, click the link for Online Content Settings. In that dialog, uncheck
the box for "Show content and links from Microsoft Office Online". Also go
to the Customer Feedback Options part of the dialog and select the No radio
button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Open with... does not include Word Flip Microsoft Word Help 14 March 9th 05 02:35 PM