Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary

Default How come my compurter freezes up when I try and open a document

I am taking an online class and my assignments are sent through Word as a
doc. When I try to open it I do not get the box that asks if you want to Open
or Save. When I click the link my computer says it is downloading from the
site and freezes up. It states it is not responding. Can anyone tell me if
this is something that I need to configure on my computer, or if there is
something I need to check?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

G'Day Mary,

How come my compurter freezes up when I try and open a document...

Does it really?
If you run Word, can you open the documents on your PC? If so, your
question is inaccurate and misleading!

When I click the link my computer says it is downloading from the site

and freezes up....
So! You have an Internet problem! You are having a problem
DOWNLOADING files!! That is not a Word problem.

Please try this:
Do NOT (left-)click the link
Right-Click the link, and select "Save Target as..."; choose a name (if
required) and a location for the file.

If the download succeeds, then use this method in future. Having a copy
of the assignment on your PC is probably a good thing anyway.

If the download does NOT succeed, you need to post the detail of THAT
problem in an Internet Explorer Newsgroup:
Regards,
Pat Garard
Melbourne, Australia