turtleshelby

Default How do I find the "table identifier code" for a 2nd TOC in Word 20

Klaus Linke

How do I find the "table identifier code" for a 2nd TOC in Word 2000

Edit Goto Field: TOC

Or display field codes (Alt+F9) and use "Edit Find", searching for
^d TOC

Greetings,
Klaus

Klaus Linke

Strange, I haven't noticed "Goto" failing, ever...
The Find might not work if you have "Match case" checked in the Find dialog,
since field codes aren't case sensitive.

Perhaps you could mail me the doc to my private email address (... if it
isn't confidential)?
I'm curious why GoTo didn't do the trick.

Regards,
Klaus

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

How do I find the "table identifier code" for a 2nd TOC in Word 2000

Edit Goto Field: TOC

Or display field codes (Alt+F9) and use "Edit Find", searching for
^d TOC

Greetings,
Klaus

Klaus Linke

.... and if the TOC is plain text, there's no way to go to it except
manually.
You do see some TOC field when you show field codes (Alt+F9)?

Regards,
Klaus

turtleshelby

If I can find your address I will email the document to you. Note I have
manually modified the TOC's to appear how they should look to submit for
tenative approval. We now have a new problem, we deleted the second page
(which was not numbered) yet the previous document and new document have the
same number of virtual pages - I never get bored.