Dai_Tau_Lo

Default How do I get rid of the grey brackets that appear with form fields

How do I get rid of the grey brackets that appear with form fields? They
obscure the edges of the text that is typed into the field. They sometime
migrate away from the field and into other text. This leaves the field
without brackets, which I see as a good thing, but the brackets are still
present in adjacent text. This gives the form a messy, unprofessional look.
Jay Freedman

Dai_Tau_Lo wrote:
How do I get rid of the grey brackets that appear with form fields?
They obscure the edges of the text that is typed into the field.
They sometime migrate away from the field and into other text. This
leaves the field without brackets, which I see as a good thing, but
the brackets are still present in adjacent text. This gives the form
a messy, unprofessional look.

The brackets represent bookmarks. In addition to the bookmarks that you can
insert with the Insert Bookmark dialog, each form field has a built-in
bookmark that serves as the field's name. The table of contents feature and
the cross-reference feature also insert bookmarks, which are usually hidden
from users.

The display of bookmarks as grey brackets is controlled by the Bookmarks
option in Tools Options View. Uncheck the option if you don't want to
see them. Be aware, though, that other users may have the option enabled and
they will expect to see the brackets. Not everyone shares your distaste for
them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman