Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andrew @ ISL Andrew @ ISL is offline

Default Word field stops working when launched from Access

I've created a .dot template file (I've tried it with a .dotx template also
with the same issue) and am launching it from an Access database. The Word
template contains three fields: {FILENAME \* MERGEFORMAT} {DATE \@ "dd/MM/yy"
\* MERGEFORMAT} {PAGE }. The problem is as follows:

1) The database names the new document, saves it under the new name and
launches the Word template - and works fine
2) When the document opens, the DATE field and the PAGE NUMBER field work
fine and when you click on them they are still fields which will update as
normal.
3) The FILENAME field, however, is replaced with the name of the template -
not actually of the filename. Worse still, this is no longer a field name so
can't update with the new filename.

I've trawled the net and am baffled as to why this would be happening and
what I can do to fix it. Hope you guys are cleverer than me!

Regards,

Andrew