Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TEE4MESA TEE4MESA is offline

Default WORD 2007 STOPS WORKING

When I try to open Word (OS is Vista Home Premium) it starts to open, then
gives me an error message that it has stopped working. This usually happens
3-4 times in a row, and then the document opens successfully. Anybody ever
seen this one? What can I do to straighten it out?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Michael is offline

Graham - you rock! Thanks for the link. I had the same problem and the
suggestions in the article solved my problem - I changed "normal.dot" to
"normal.old". Everything seems fine now. thank you very much.

TEE4MESA wrote:
When I try to open Word (OS is Vista Home Premium) it starts to
open, then gives me an error message that it has stopped working.
This usually happens 3-4 times in a row, and then the document opens
successfully. Anybody ever seen this one? What can I do to
straighten it out?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Levin Bob Levin is offline

Could you please list the steps to delete or change the name of the
normal.dot file? I'm having the same problem with "word" shutting down shen I
click on recipiants addresses when I want to send a letter.
--
Bob Levin