Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Peter is offline

Default How to create a front and back related documents?

I want to create a document which has 2 pages. The front page is separated
into multiple boxes. Each box will contain different word. When I type the
word into each box, I want to type something on the backside of the box (the
back page). Each box is like a question and the back of the box is the
answer.

I know I can finish the front page first and then the back page. But I
wonder whether there is a way to edit both front and back at the same time.
When I send this to printer, I will print on both sides of a paper.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 18:30:02 -0700, Peter
wrote:

I want to create a document which has 2 pages. The front page is separated
into multiple boxes. Each box will contain different word. When I type the
word into each box, I want to type something on the backside of the box (the
back page). Each box is like a question and the back of the box is the
answer.

I know I can finish the front page first and then the back page. But I
wonder whether there is a way to edit both front and back at the same time.
When I send this to printer, I will print on both sides of a paper.

There's nothing built into Word to do this. It wouldn't be difficult
for someone with knowledge of Word macro programming to make a
template for it, but it isn't something you would want to tackle as a
first project if you don't have the background.

By the way, don't think in terms of "boxes", especially not "text
boxes" (as in Insert Text Box), because they would be almost
impossible to get lined up properly. Instead, use a table that you set
to have a fixed column width and row height. Copy the table and paste
it onto the next page (after a hard page break). With the same size
margins on left and right, the tables should match front and back.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman