Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] faceman28208@yahoo.com is offline

Default Mail Merge Using a Template

I need to create labels using a non-standard label. The manufacturer
has provided a Word template for the labels.

How can i do a mail merge into the template?

Whenever I try, Word asks me for a standard label.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

This is quite doable, but how you approach it will depend on the version of
Word you are using, which you have not stated.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
I need to create labels using a non-standard label. The manufacturer
has provided a Word template for the labels.

How can i do a mail merge into the template?

Whenever I try, Word asks me for a standard label.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Cancel the dialog requesting the label and continue.
See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

wrote in message
I need to create labels using a non-standard label. The manufacturer
has provided a Word template for the labels.

How can i do a mail merge into the template?

Whenever I try, Word asks me for a standard label.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On May 31, 6:49*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
This is quite doable, but how you approach it will depend on the version of
Word you are using, which you have not stated.

2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

1. Open a document based on your template.

2. Click on Start Mail Merge and choose Labels.

3. Dismiss the Labels dialog.

4. Go on to Select Recipients and the rest.

Or:

1. Create a document based on your template and save it.

2. Click on Start Mail Merge and choose Step by Step Mail Merge Wizard.

3. Select Labels as the type and click Next.

4. In Step 2, select "Start from existing document" and select the document
you saved.

If you have already created a data source, I recommend Method 1 as much
easier.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
On May 31, 6:49 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
This is quite doable, but how you approach it will depend on the version
of
Word you are using, which you have not stated.

2007

Mail merge template Roxy Microsoft Word Help 1 March 30th 09 10:59 PM
Word 2003 pulls up my mail merge template, but doesn't complete the merge into a new Form Letter 1 Sean Steele Mailmerge 1 April 12th 07 11:04 PM
mail merge template mmdmalta Mailmerge 3 August 16th 06 04:40 AM
Template - Mail Merge - Joseph Page Layout 1 April 11th 06 07:16 AM
Template for mail merge Doug Lowe Mailmerge 2 March 16th 06 08:12 PM