KGlennC

Default Table Sort - Sort only 3 of 4 columns

I want to sort a table that has 4 columns, but I want to sort the first 3
columns only, leaving the 4th column intact. The 4th column is a listing of
consecutive numbers from 1 to whatever the last row is. I continually add to
to the table and need to know how many entries arfe in the table.

There doesn't appear to be a way to select columns to sort, or the reverse,
columns to exclude from the sort. Am I missing something?

If you use autonumbers in that column, they will still be correct after
sorting. Or you could use SEQ fields; you'll need to update (F9) after
sorting.

"KGlennC" wrote in message
I want to sort a table that has 4 columns, but I want to sort the first 3
columns only, leaving the 4th column intact. The 4th column is a listing

of
consecutive numbers from 1 to whatever the last row is. I continually add

to the table and need to know how many entries arfe in the table.

There doesn't appear to be a way to select columns to sort, or the

reverse,
columns to exclude from the sort. Am I missing something?

Table AutoFormats vs. Table Styles confusion Tony Jollans Tables 5 March 6th 05 08:18 PM
Can I reorient a table in Word (change the rows to columns)? Suzanne Tables 1 February 25th 05 06:32 AM
Can't sort table alphabetically Tiffany Microsoft Word Help 1 January 21st 05 11:17 PM
numeric sort in table Shehi_3 Tables 1 January 20th 05 09:57 PM
Sort Table Amy Tables 1 November 14th 04 03:28 PM