Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
phig phig is offline

Default Word 2007 Spell Check Problem

I recently changed from Word 2003 to Word 2007 and the spell check function
does not work in 2007 on any document. After reviewing this forum, I have
made several attempts to remedy it; nothing to date has worked. I am in an
Enterprise environment and all other computers running Office 2007 have spell
check functioning correctly. I have verified their settings against the one
problem computer and I can find no discrepancies in the settings. Does
anyone have some insight to share?...please...
--
phig
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Sorry, phig, but " does not work" really doesn't give anyone much to go on
Have you checked the language settings on the problem system?
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"phig" wrote in message
I recently changed from Word 2003 to Word 2007 and the spell check function
does not work in 2007 on any document. After reviewing this forum, I have
made several attempts to remedy it; nothing to date has worked. I am in
an
Enterprise environment and all other computers running Office 2007 have
spell
check functioning correctly. I have verified their settings against the
one
problem computer and I can find no discrepancies in the settings. Does
anyone have some insight to share?...please...
--
phig

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
phig phig is offline

My apologies. "Does not work" = does not find any words misspelled. The
language settings are set for 'English-US'.
--
phig

"phig" wrote in message
I recently changed from Word 2003 to Word 2007 and the spell check function
does not work in 2007 on any document. After reviewing this forum, I have
made several attempts to remedy it; nothing to date has worked. I am in
an
Enterprise environment and all other computers running Office 2007 have
spell
check functioning correctly. I have verified their settings against the
one
problem computer and I can find no discrepancies in the settings. Does
anyone have some insight to share?...please...
--
phig

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ctrl+A to select the entire document and then go to Review | Proofing | Set
Language and make sure the box for "Do not check spelling or grammar" is
completely clear (neither checked nor shaded).