Trey

Default Mutliple lines of data per merge document

Hello,

I have perused previous posts but I wasn't sure I saw exactly what I was
looking for. So I'll post my question here...

I have to execute an e-mail merge in word.

I will be given an excel spreadsheet to begin with. The data in the
spreadsheet will be sorted on one column (in ascending order) called
"Customer Name." Each record will have a Customer Name field and then 7 or 8
fields worth of data on the same row that need to be included in the merge.

For a given customer name -- I have to include _all_ lines of data for that
customer. There could be 4 lines (records) or 40. Then -- when I get to a new
customer in the list, I need word to skip to the next document and repeat the
process.

I can do a basic e-mail merge no problem -- it's just that I don't
understand how to automate the process so that each word doc will neatly
print the appropriate number of lines in the body of the doc before
recognizing a new Customer Name and moving on.

I have seen some hints that merges like this are easier in Access? If so --
I'm all ears -- as I use Access quite frequently as well. So -- would it be
better to take that excel spreadsheet and export it into Access...and then...?

Thanks so much in advance!

-Trey
Trey

Hey --

I didn't think my previous post had gone through (from Sept. 6) -- I just
didn't look closely at the list and when I submitted it -- it errored so I
reposted today. Sorry about that.

Thanks to Doug Robbins for replying to my previous post!

-Trey