Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dbuser dbuser is offline

Default Booklet layout inserts extra pages

I have created a booklet consisting of 33 pages. It was 35 but I had to take
the front and back cover out of the document - it was inserting the back page
in the wrong place. When I print the booklet it inserts 3 or 4 blank pages
near the back. Is it possible to get rid of these and is it possible to have
the front and back cover print on the same sheet of paper? Any help would be
appreciated. Dbuser
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If this is the usual booklet consisting 2-up duplex pages per sheet (that is
four pages per sheet, 2 on the front and 2 on the back), then it must be
printed in a multiple of 4-pages which is why it is throwing in additional
blank pages.

The front and back will print on the same sheet providing the front page is
page 1 and the back page is a multiple of 4. So if your final page is page
33, add three blank pages in front of it so that it becomes page 36 or
remove a page so that it becomes page 32.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"dbuser" wrote in message
I have created a booklet consisting of 33 pages. It was 35 but I had to
take
the front and back cover out of the document - it was inserting the back
page
in the wrong place. When I print the booklet it inserts 3 or 4 blank
pages
near the back. Is it possible to get rid of these and is it possible to
have
the front and back cover print on the same sheet of paper? Any help would
be
appreciated. Dbuser

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dbuser dbuser is offline

Thanks for your help. One more thing - is it possible to preview how the
"bookfold" is actually going to be laid out when printed. When "print
preview" is selected it just shows the document in sequence as it was created.

"dbuser" wrote in message
I have created a booklet consisting of 33 pages. It was 35 but I had to
take
the front and back cover out of the document - it was inserting the back
page
in the wrong place. When I print the booklet it inserts 3 or 4 blank
pages
near the back. Is it possible to get rid of these and is it possible to
have
the front and back cover print on the same sheet of paper? Any help would
be
appreciated. Dbuser

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If only!!! That would be useful so that users could really see what is going
to print, but that isn't possible, though my printer (a Canon ip) has a
Preview before printing feature and that does let me view a page at a time,
which is better than nothing. However, to be able to view 4 or 8 pages at a
time so that you could see the numbering and layout would be very useful.

Terry

"dbuser" wrote in message
I have created a booklet consisting of 33 pages. It was 35 but I had
take
the front and back cover out of the document - it was inserting the
back
page
in the wrong place. When I print the booklet it inserts 3 or 4 blank
pages
near the back. Is it possible to get rid of these and is it possible
have
the front and back cover print on the same sheet of paper? Any help
would
be
appreciated. Dbuser

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dbuser dbuser is offline

You have been most helpful Terry. Maybe we could nudge the Microsoft folks
to develop this feature further. It seems like it was a good idea but not
followed thru completely.

"dbuser" wrote in message
I have created a booklet consisting of 33 pages. It was 35 but I had
take
the front and back cover out of the document - it was inserting the
back
page
in the wrong place. When I print the booklet it inserts 3 or 4 blank
pages
near the back. Is it possible to get rid of these and is it possible
have
the front and back cover print on the same sheet of paper? Any help
would
be
appreciated. Dbuser

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Well, in fact, when I print a booklet (which is not too often), I print a
PDF and then use the top notch printing utilities in Adobe Acrobat Reader to
create the booklet.

Terry