Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
faber arcorum

Default autocorrect

Does anyone know whether/how I can put a non-breaking space in an autocorrect
entry?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If there is a nonbreaking space in the text selected for the AutoCorrect
entry, it will be included. You may have to save it as "formatted text."

"faber arcorum" faber wrote in message
Does anyone know whether/how I can put a non-breaking space in an

autocorrect
entry?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You can so long as you save it as a formatted entry.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"faber arcorum" faber wrote in message
Does anyone know whether/how I can put a non-breaking space in an
autocorrect
entry?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
faber arcorum

Charles and Suzanne thank you for your responses.

I should have been more specific!

I am attempting to autocorrect Mr[space] in all my documents with
Mr[non-breaking space] as I do not like a line ending with Mr. Any ideas?

Along the same lines I am not very keen on dates straddling two lines and
would prefer 18[non-breaking space]January (yes-British English format) to 18
at the end of one line and January at the start of the next.

I shall be greatful for any assistance.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

You can so long as you save it as a formatted entry.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"faber arcorum" faber wrote in message
Does anyone know whether/how I can put a non-breaking space in an
autocorrect
entry?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

There is no practical way to do this as you want.

For the non-breaking space you could use a macro

The following will change Mr, Miss, Mrs, Dr, to be followed by non-breaking
spaces

Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
.Text = "([MD][irss]{1,3})[ ]"
.Replacement.Text = "\1^0160"
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindAsk
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchWildcards = True
End With
Selection.Find.Execute replace:=wdReplaceAll

For the dates, I would suggest inserting a date using a macro

With Selection
.InsertDateTime DateTimeFormat:="d" & Chr(160) & _
"MMMM" & Chr(160) & "yyyy", InsertAsField:=False
End With

Or save a date field - { CREATEDATE \@ "d MMMM yyyy" } - as an autotext
entry, the switch spaced with non-breaking spaces); however for dates
already inserted, you can use a similar method to the above - see
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

You will find other information concerning dates and fields on my web site.
at http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/insert_a_date_...than_today.htm

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

You can so long as you save it as a formatted entry.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"faber arcorum" faber wrote in
message ...
Does anyone know whether/how I can put a non-breaking space in an
autocorrect
entry?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

It would be nice, but since Word uses the ending space to trigger
AutoCorrect, it won't include it as part of the entry.
--

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

You can so long as you save it as a formatted entry.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"faber arcorum" faber wrote in
message
Does anyone know whether/how I can put a non-breaking space in an
autocorrect
entry?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lee Techwriter Lee Techwriter is offline

Thanks. Used it to put a nonbreaking hyphen in an autocorrect entry. I did
have to enter it as formatted text. I hope that doesn't bring up some
problem or limitation. Could not find the answer anywhere in Microsoft help.

Lee Techwriter