Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Carmen Cartier

Default How can I lock a mail merge doc?

I do a mail merge doc, but I want to lock it with the possibility to do a
merge lettrer (f.ex). So when I want to protect the doc, the options are in
grey and it´s impossible to do it, only if I don´t have mail merge fields
(but if I have form fields I can do it).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Why do you need to protect the document? If it's because you want to have
formfields in the document, the use of formfields and mergefields in the one
document is not possible.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Carmen Cartier" Carmen wrote in message
I do a mail merge doc, but I want to lock it with the possibility to do a
merge lettrer (f.ex). So when I want to protect the doc, the options are
in
grey and it´s impossible to do it, only if I don´t have mail merge fields
(but if I have form fields I can do it).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Candace

Will Word 2007 provide the capability to use form fields and merge fields in
the same document? If this is not the appropriate forum for this question,
please provide a link to the correct forum.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Why do you need to protect the document? If it's because you want to have
formfields in the document, the use of formfields and mergefields in the one
document is not possible.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Carmen Cartier" Carmen wrote in message
I do a mail merge doc, but I want to lock it with the possibility to do a
merge lettrer (f.ex). So when I want to protect the doc, the options are
in
grey and it´s impossible to do it, only if I don´t have mail merge fields
(but if I have form fields I can do it).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

While there are a new type of form control available in Word 2007, a test
that I performed just now indicates that they do not survive a mail merge.