Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rfdunedin rfdunedin is offline

Default PAGE NUMBERING WON'T WORK AT ALL

Noticed yesterday that page numbers had disappeared completely from 3
separate documents that list my Movies on DVD Collection. Checked my backup
files, they were the same so figured something had changed in Office Pro 2007.

Have exhausted all the suggestions on the MS info sheets and numerous
internet posts along with what I have read in this discussion group. I have
deleted the 'Building Blocks' thingey in Docs&Settings, run repair etc. etc.
- all to no avail.

The best I can get from clicking on 'Insert Page Numbers" and following all
the instructions I have read (!!!) is 'PAGE\MERGEFORMAT' which, sometimes
will show just on page 1, sometimes on all.

The page numbers have been there since I first started these lists back in
1995 and they have successfully migrated through all MS Office Upgrades
since. The last upgrade was from Word 2003 to Word 2007 and I installed that
at the end of March. The page numbers were all there until yesterday!

I have tried to get through to MS Support but none of the Products ID's
entered have worked.

So, if anyone "out there" can assist with a solution, this Kiwi 'downunder'
in Middle Earth, New Zealand would be very grateful!

Cheers!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rfdunedin rfdunedin is offline

Thank you, Suzanne.

Following that I can now get to inserting the number but the same figure
that I insert appears on all pages even although I choose the '1,2,3, etc
otion. (I assume I do not take any notice of the 'Equations' ribbon? ).

I confess I am not "an expert" in these things but I can usually putter my
way around 'problems' and work them out with a bit of help from info
sources. This one is literally driving me 'nuts'!!

Cheers! R,

"rfdunedin" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rfdunedin rfdunedin is offline

Hi again Suzanne

Have 'played around' a bit and ... voila ... I've got there. Was not sure
how at first but once I got the RESULT tidied up, I got where I needed to be
and then repeated it with another couple of trial runs.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Regards.
Richard