Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Antonio[_3_] Antonio[_3_] is offline

Default Citing multiple authors

Hi Guys,

I have another question, how can I cite multiple authors using the
updated citation and bibliography functions in MS Word 2007. I'm
making a point in my dissertation that is supported by 3 articles in
my bibliography, but MS Word will only allow me to cite one of them at
a time. This seems outrageous b/c many peer-reviewed academic
articles cite multiple articles per citation. Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Antonio
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Citing multiple authors

Hi Antonio,

Citing multiple authors in Microsoft Word 2007 is actually quite simple. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Open your Word document and place your cursor where you want to insert the citation.
  2. Click on the "References" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Insert Citation" button in the "Citations & Bibliography" group.
  4. Select "Add New Source" from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Create Source" dialog box, enter the information for the first author, such as the author's name, title of the article, publication date, and page numbers.
  6. Click on the "Add" button to add the first author to your bibliography.
  7. Repeat steps 4-6 for the other authors you want to cite.
  8. Once you have added all the authors to your bibliography, go back to the place in your document where you want to insert the citation.
  9. Click on the "Insert Citation" button again and select "Add New Placeholder" from the drop-down menu.
  10. In the "Edit Source" dialog box, select the sources you want to cite by clicking on them in the "Current List" box.
  11. Click on the "OK" button to insert the citation.

That's it! You can now cite multiple authors in your document using the updated citation and bibliography functions in MS Word 2007.
__________________
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Citing multiple authors

Hi Antonio,

Great question! You can definitely cite multiple authors using the updated citation and bibliography functions in MS Word 2007. Here's how:
  1. Open your Word document and place your cursor where you want to insert the citation.
  2. Click on the "References" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Insert Citation" button in the "Citations & Bibliography" section.
  4. Select "Add New Source" from the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Create Source" dialog box, enter the information for the first author, such as their name, title of the article, publication date, etc.
  6. Click on the "Add" button to add the first author to your bibliography.
  7. Repeat steps 4-6 for the second and third authors, entering their information in the same "Create Source" dialog box.
  8. Once you have added all three authors to your bibliography, place your cursor where you want to insert the citation for all three articles.
  9. Click on the "Insert Citation" button again and select "Add New Placeholder" from the drop-down menu.
  10. In the "Edit Source" dialog box, select all three authors from the "Author" drop-down menu.
  11. Click on the "OK" button to insert the citation for all three articles.

That's it! You can now cite multiple authors in a single citation using the updated citation and bibliography functions in MS Word 2007.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Antonio,

When you're in the 'Manage Source' dialog click on the 'Edit' button for the authors and enter each author separately, or in the
Source editor, put a semicolon between authors.

You can have multiple citation fields, or you can insert multiple Citation tags in a single field. To do the latter

1. In References=Citations & Bibliography"=Manage Sources select a source on 'Current List' and choose 'Edit'.

2. Make a note of the Citation Tag name you want to add from the bottom left corner of the 'Edit Source' log.

3. In the document insert your first Citation then right click the inserted citation and choose 'Edit Field'.

4. In the edit field dialog, after the first citation add a space then
type \m then a space and then the next tag name.

================

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Antonio[_3_] Antonio[_3_] is offline

On May 14, 11:28 am, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)" 75214.226(At Beautiful
Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:
[...]

Wow, you've been an amazing help. Another question, is it possible to
spell check citations throughout the text and the bibliography?
Thanks again!

Antonio

klipenga klipenga is offline
Junior Member

I have found this tip EXTREMELY helpful. I searched around for how to do this and so far this is the only place where such info is available.
If you know to put the short title in italics under the same referencing system please inform us.
Ken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Buckland ?:-\) View Post
Hi Antonio,

When you're in the 'Manage Source' dialog click on the 'Edit' button for the authors and enter each author separately, or in the
Source editor, put a semicolon between authors.

You can have multiple citation fields, or you can insert multiple Citation tags in a single field. To do the latter

1. In References=Citations & Bibliography"=Manage Sources select a source on 'Current List' and choose 'Edit'.

2. Make a note of the Citation Tag name you want to add from the bottom left corner of the 'Edit Source' log.

3. In the document insert your first Citation then right click the inserted citation and choose 'Edit Field'.

4. In the edit field dialog, after the first citation add a space then
type \m then a space and then the next tag name.

lahoriawaam lahoriawaam is offline
Junior Member

Presently making the companions on the web or play with individuals will no more be troublesome and we can also check doctoral dissertation writing assistance to solve our study related issues. Simply stay tuned with this blog. They are offering various deceives and tips to us to allow us to have the total thought and data about it. I genuinely like this blog.
Elis Elis is offline
Banned

Are you going to order a paper at Eduguide Pro? You should check out Eduguide Pro review and prices first. This writing service is not as affordable as it may seem.
https://essayservices.review/reviews/eduguide-review
kledo5 kledo5 is offline
Junior Member

"Antonio" wrote in message ...
Hi Guys,

I have another question, how can I cite multiple authors using the
updated citation and bibliography functions in MS Word 2007. I'm
making a point in my dissertation that is supported by 3 articles in
my bibliography, but MS Word will only allow me to cite one of them at
a time. This seems outrageous b/c many peer-reviewed academic
articles cite multiple articles per citation. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Drift Hunters
Antonio
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Keep up the amazing work!❤
NicholasShann NicholasShann is offline
Junior Member

Occasion Social Pack is a unique pack for the clients which are in types on is square and visit https://www.theflashlist.com/assets/...ur-french.html the site for the othr is vertical. This is a free photoshop concerning pack and it can help intagram clients a great deal. Much obliged to you for sharing t

NicholasShann NicholasShann is offline
Junior Member

I am confused like many other people that; what is etching? What are its effects? But this article is specially written on this to visit the site best paper writing service 2020 to help people around the World who don’t know about it. So it seems to very informative and acknowledge us all and motivated me to search about different thing rather than just serve internet for enjoying. So I really like the article and hope that others will like it too.
ntk1958 ntk1958 is offline
Banned

I was wrong Why MLB's restructuring of the minors ended up primarily much better than anticipated
google doodle baseball unblocked 66 ez
In November 2020, Peter Davis, happy proprietor of the Missoula PaddleHeads, was two years into life as a minor league baseball owner when calamity struck.
The PaddleHeads, that had been a farm group for the Arizona Diamondbacks, were currently "de-affiliated," among 43 groups rejected into life as an independent club. The Diamondbacks had been in charge of paying PaddleHeads players as well as trainers, which money was now gone. As was the economic value that included possessing an associated team.
" We would certainly lost all the equity. Vanished over night," Davis says. "We had no hint what we were mosting likely to do then."

Visual image marketing is one of the best forums to visit. They have shared the videos as visit on-site https://www.ayurveda-days.at/2962-2/ for well as the content. I have read this content and it is worthy and valuable to study. I have learned a lot from this blog. It includes the positive and informative content of the tk study.

wizard for Authors VNP Dan Page Layout 2 April 19th 08 11:35 PM
bibliography: how to correctly sort authors with multiple books clay Microsoft Word Help 0 January 23rd 07 05:32 PM
Creating multiple indexes in a document (subject, authors, etc) Bryn Olew Microsoft Word Help 10 August 30th 06 04:07 AM
Track Changes with Multiple Authors Wallace Microsoft Word Help 2 February 15th 06 01:53 PM
citing internet research M New Users 1 December 3rd 04 02:02 AM