Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rabbit Rabbit is offline

Default Indent in the first line.

I am writing my thesis and suddenly there is an indet on every first line of
the page. It just appeared there. My thesis is double spaced and justafied.

Nothing shows on the ruler on top of the page. I looked at the formatting
palett and played around with indents and everything is set at zero indent.

I noticed when I highlighted the text by dragging my cursor across the page
all the text highlights in yellow where the indented line in question
highlights in black.

I went back to earlier versions of my thesis where ther is no first line
indent and the first line highlights in yellow just like all the other lines.
I think that is a hint of what is wrong. But I can't figure it out. I bet the
solution is simple so I turn to you the people on this disscusstion group.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...lyIndented.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Rabbit wrote:
I am writing my thesis and suddenly there is an indet on every first
line of the page. It just appeared there. My thesis is double spaced
and justafied.

Nothing shows on the ruler on top of the page. I looked at the
formatting palett and played around with indents and everything is
set at zero indent.

I noticed when I highlighted the text by dragging my cursor across
the page all the text highlights in yellow where the indented line in
question highlights in black.

I went back to earlier versions of my thesis where ther is no first
line indent and the first line highlights in yellow just like all the
other lines. I think that is a hint of what is wrong. But I can't
figure it out. I bet the solution is simple so I turn to you the
people on this disscusstion group.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kathryn Groves Kathryn Groves is offline

Default Catalog with many graphics

Is there any way to do a 20-24 page catalog in Word that has about 4 graphics per page. The
graphics are jpegs about 125k each. I can convert them to other file types if this would be better.
What I am getting now is a document that keeps crashing my machine (because it is HUGE).

I also have Publisher and am trying there -- but running in to the same problem

Ultimately I would LOVE to convert to PDF that is of manageable size to either upload to a website
or email (I suspect this won't happen).

I am running Office 2000 on a Windows XP system -- Dell laptop -- Pentium M with 512 Ram

Thank you in advance.

Kathy G.

--

"Rabbit" wrote in message
I am writing my thesis and suddenly there is an indet on every first line of
the page. It just appeared there. My thesis is double spaced and justafied.

Nothing shows on the ruler on top of the page. I looked at the formatting
palett and played around with indents and everything is set at zero indent.

I noticed when I highlighted the text by dragging my cursor across the page
all the text highlights in yellow where the indented line in question
highlights in black.

I went back to earlier versions of my thesis where ther is no first line
indent and the first line highlights in yellow just like all the other lines.
I think that is a hint of what is wrong. But I can't figure it out. I bet the
solution is simple so I turn to you the people on this disscusstion group.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I suggest that you edit the graphics in an external graphics editor first:
get them to the correct size and resolution before inserting into Word. I
find that the free utility IrfanView is perfect for sizing, trimming and
setting the resolution. JPEGs are fine but much depends on what you are
going to do with the document. If it is just for on screen viewing, then
72dpi is sufficient: if it is ultimately for printing, then try 144dpi:
300dpi may be too much with that many graphics in one document - but that
may depend on your computer.

Always use Insert, Picture, From File to get the pictures into Word.
Sometimes PNG is a good alternative to JPEG if they are only going to be
viewed on screen.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Rabbit" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

And another half meg of Ram would not go astray.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Rabbit" wrote in message
[...]

double window envelope tpdebronsky Page Layout 5 May 18th 23 08:51 PM
How to alphabetize a list joy Microsoft Word Help 24 September 28th 07 12:06 PM
how to indent numbered list after a letter on same line pat777 Page Layout 1 March 17th 06 06:26 PM
Line number Darius Microsoft Word Help 5 February 20th 06 11:00 AM
How do I automatically indent text to line up with headings Ed Microsoft Word Help 3 November 24th 04 03:41 PM