Max

Default Differences in various versions

To continue on a theme here, where can I find out the differences between
Word in Windows XP Professional vs. Word in Windows XP Home?

Could there be two different versions of Word for a Windows XP system? (I
don't mean two different versions at the same time, I mean could there be a
different version INSTEAD of some other version?)
Charles Kenyon

Word and Windows are two very separate products. Different versions of Word
work in different versions of Windows. Any that work in XP Professional will
work in XP Home.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Max" wrote in message
news
To continue on a theme here, where can I find out the differences between
Word in Windows XP Professional vs. Word in Windows XP Home?

Could there be two different versions of Word for a Windows XP system? (I
don't mean two different versions at the same time, I mean could there be
different version INSTEAD of some other version?)

The version of Word has nothing to do with the version of Windows. Numerous
versions of Word will run on various versions of Windows. Determine what
Word version you have by clicking on Help | About Microsoft Word. Also note
that, as mentioned in your other thread, *no* version of Word comes with
Windows. Windows comes with NotePad. Many computers come with some version
of Office, Works, Works Suite (which includes Word), or Corel Office Suite
(which includes WordPerfect).

"Max" wrote in message
news
To continue on a theme here, where can I find out the differences between
Word in Windows XP Professional vs. Word in Windows XP Home?

Could there be two different versions of Word for a Windows XP system? (I
don't mean two different versions at the same time, I mean could there be

different version INSTEAD of some other version?)

John Harris

They are probably assuming it came with the Windows box because Works Suite
is always included with a new system it seems.

Oxymoron = Microsoft Works

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
The version of Word has nothing to do with the version of Windows.
Numerous
versions of Word will run on various versions of Windows. Determine what
Word version you have by clicking on Help | About Microsoft Word. Also
note
that, as mentioned in your other thread, *no* version of Word comes with
Windows. Windows comes with NotePad. Many computers come with some version
of Office, Works, Works Suite (which includes Word), or Corel Office Suite
(which includes WordPerfect).

so
all may benefit.

news