Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill_horton bill_horton is offline

Default Template Download Error

Genuine activted copy of Office 2007
Vista 64
IE 8

When trying to open a CV template from microsoft via word I connect OK and
can see and select the template I want. When I click download I get a quick
glimpse of the download window and then a window with the following error
message:

"Template Download Error
The template cannot be downloaded. To fix this problem, do the following:
- Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Make sure your browser is not in offline mode.
-Try to download the template again later."

I've tried all 3 option without success.
If I go to staight to the site where the template is I seem to be able to
download it, but not throgh Word.

Any ideas. Thanks in anticipation.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is strange, but since you can download the template directly from the
web site, you may just as well continue to do it that way. Be sure to save
the template in the Templates folder of your Word installation, so that you
can find it easily.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bill_horton" wrote:

Genuine activted copy of Office 2007
Vista 64
IE 8

When trying to open a CV template from microsoft via word I connect OK and
can see and select the template I want. When I click download I get a quick
glimpse of the download window and then a window with the following error
message:

"Template Download Error
The template cannot be downloaded. To fix this problem, do the following:
- Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Make sure your browser is not in offline mode.
-Try to download the template again later."

I've tried all 3 option without success.
If I go to staight to the site where the template is I seem to be able to
download it, but not throgh Word.

Any ideas. Thanks in anticipation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
barnkat barnkat is offline

I'm having the same problem. It never happened before, and I'm wondering if
something was "broken" by recent updates. I'm running:
(12.0.6331.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6425.1000).

It's terribly inconvenient to have to stop what I'm doing, go out to the
web, search for the same template, download it, and restart what I was doing,
so getting this fixed would be a real boon.

Kat Barnes

"bill_horton" wrote:

Genuine activted copy of Office 2007
Vista 64
IE 8

When trying to open a CV template from microsoft via word I connect OK and
can see and select the template I want. When I click download I get a quick
glimpse of the download window and then a window with the following error
message:

"Template Download Error
The template cannot be downloaded. To fix this problem, do the following:
- Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Make sure your browser is not in offline mode.
-Try to download the template again later."

I've tried all 3 option without success.
If I go to staight to the site where the template is I seem to be able to
download it, but not throgh Word.

Any ideas. Thanks in anticipation.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thank you for the follow-up.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bill_horton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bill_horton[_2_] bill_horton[_2_] is offline

Thanks for the suggestion to save templates. I hadn't thought about that.
With respect to SP2 geting it working - how do I check what service pack I
have got loaded?

Thanks.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Thank you for the follow-up.