Ray_Johnson

Default Line break in drop down field

Is there a way to allow for a line break in the middle of a drop down field
in a protected document? I have two options in the drop down field, one
short word and one fifty-character (exactly!) option. The fifty characters
are all kept together, causing a line break beforehand. What am I doing
wrong?

Ray
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UmF5X0pvaG5zb24=?=,

Is there a way to allow for a line break in the middle of a drop down field
in a protected document? I have two options in the drop down field, one
short word and one fifty-character (exactly!) option. The fifty characters
are all kept together, causing a line break beforehand. What am I doing
wrong?

There is no way to get a dropdown to break across lines. Even though the field
is allowed to display 50 characters, if the line width won't accommodate this,
all 50 won't display. Best you could do would be a macro to fill an
immediately adjacent text box with the value.

On my website, in the Forms section, you'll find an entry on how to use an
ampersand (&) with a dropdown. That gives you the basic approach and macro
code.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org