revonrut

Default Word won't retain unchecked Allow starting in Reading Layout.

In Word 2003, I have unchecked "Allow starting in Reading Layout" repeatedly,
but somehow it gets re-checked without my doing it. Word seems to retain my
other preferences, but not this one.
revonrut

I'm answering my own post because I discovered an earlier post on this
subject with a solution provided by Jay Freedman (involving a macro). Thanks
Jay...

"revonrut" wrote:

In Word 2003, I have unchecked "Allow starting in Reading Layout" repeatedly,
but somehow it gets re-checked without my doing it. Word seems to retain my
other preferences, but not this one.

Assuming that this is not a result of excessive control by net nazis, it may
indicate a problem with the Word Data key in the Registry. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm. Or again, sometimes
failure to retain Options settings is a symptom of interference by an
add-in.

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How to change merge forms from Word Perfect to Microsoft Word dollfindance Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 04 04:35 PM