auto text, filenames

Default How do I change auto text to include the .Doc after the file name.

Sometimes when I click on filename to be inseerted into my footer it has the
..Doc after the filename and sometimes it doesn't. Can I add an option to my
auto text box in headers and footers to insert a filename with the .Doc at
the end of the fileneame?
Charles Kenyon

What is displayed depends on your Windows folder view settings, not on
anything you can or did do in Word. If those settings are set to hide the
extensions on common file types, the extension won't display in Word.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

auto text Lee Microsoft Word Help 4 December 31st 04 09:11 PM
Text Recovery and Open & Repair in WD 2003? UserRAW1975 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 22nd 04 03:00 AM
I'm trying to change the text shadow color from gray to a darker . Chachilynch Microsoft Word Help 2 December 21st 04 12:54 AM
file conversion change encoding Rich Microsoft Word Help 2 December 17th 04 04:13 PM
Import of text file olav Microsoft Word Help 1 December 6th 04 01:14 PM