Curtis R

Default Convert from 2003 to 2000 and maintain formatting/Styles

Is there a tool or patch to fix or correct the format corruption when I
convert a Word 2003 document to a Word 2000 document? If not, what is the
recommended work around. The document to more than 200 pages and is complex.
Anne Troy

There should not really be any changes when you "convert". Please describe
what's happening specifically, so we can help. Likely, it's a difference
between PCs than a difference in versions.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Curtis R" Curtis wrote in message
Is there a tool or patch to fix or correct the format corruption when I
convert a Word 2003 document to a Word 2000 document? If not, what is the
recommended work around. The document to more than 200 pages and is

complex.

garfield-n-odie

The changes are probably caused not so much by the change in Word
versions, but more by differences in templates and styles and the
"automatically update" style setting, as described in
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/shar...matChange.html .

Curtis R wrote:

Is there a tool or patch to fix or correct the format corruption when I
convert a Word 2003 document to a Word 2000 document? If not, what is the
recommended work around. The document to more than 200 pages and is complex.

Curtis R

The Response from garfield-n-odie answered my question. It appears to be a
style issue. Unfortunately, the response is convert to text and then
reformat since I'm trying to copy from a word 2003 document into a mandatory
controlled 2000 file and need to have the controlled 2000 stle be applied.
Not a normal direction.
Thank you for your help.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

There should not really be any changes when you "convert". Please describe
what's happening specifically, so we can help. Likely, it's a difference
between PCs than a difference in versions.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Curtis R" Curtis wrote in message
Is there a tool or patch to fix or correct the format corruption when I
convert a Word 2003 document to a Word 2000 document? If not, what is the
recommended work around. The document to more than 200 pages and is

complex.

Curtis R

Curtis R
Your informaiton was very helpful towards the understanding of the problem.
Unfortunately, in my case there is not an easy answer, in that, I am trying
to go from a somewhat uncontrolled document that was written in 2003 and put
into a 2000 controlled, including the very specific formatting, document. It
is a style issue, but in this case, since I need to have the recipiants style
be the controlling style, not any formatting forced or assumed by the sending
document, and the controlled version must be 2000, the conversion is a little
painful. From what you said and I figured out, I must convert to a .txt file
and then reformat the document. Possible, but painful.
Thanks for the help. If you have anyother ideas, please let me know ASAP.