Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LarryG LarryG is offline

Default How can I change default indent and tab spacing in word 2007

I want to set the default indent and also the default tab spacing in word
2007 - any help would be appreciated

Email to

many thanks in advance

Larry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To change the indent settings: Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S. In the Styles task
pane, click the Manage Styles button. On the Set Defaults tab, make the
desired changes. Click "New documents based on this template" and then click
OK. If/when you are prompted to save your template, choose to do so.

To change the default tabs for a document, use the Tabs dialog box. (For
easy access, you may want to add the Tabs command to the Quick Access
Toolbar, via Office button | Word Options, Customize category).

To change the default tabs for all documents, open the normal.dotm template
as a file (search for it in Windows, then right-click its icon and click the
Open command). Set the desired default tab stops in the Tabs dialog box, and
click OK. Save and close normal.dotm. But see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/SettingTabs.htm, which explains why you
should be using custom tab stops instead of the default ones.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP