Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Aurora Aurora is offline

Default Formating merge labels

I am using Word 2003
I created a Pendaflex label merge in Word using an Access Query as the data
source. On the label, I am using 2 fields; CoName and Acct#. Ex: «CoName»

«Acct»
The Coname prints to the left on line 1 and the Acct# prints to the right on
line 2. I did this with the hope that the longer Conames would have at least
1-1/2 lines to print, with the Acct# on the 2nd line to the far right. The
problem comes when the CoName is to long for the one line. Then I get just
the CoName and no acct#. I there a way to do this with a formula or
someother formatting that you are aware of? I would certainly appreciate
any help you can give me.

Thank you - Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I assume that you must have created the layout of the merge fields by
inserting multiple spaces or tabs. If it is not essential that the text on
the labels be limited to two lines, it would be better to just separate the
individual fields with a carriage return so that they are in separate
paragraphs and if you want the account number on the right, format the
second paragraph so that it is right aligned.

An alternative is to have the fields in the one paragraph and insert a right
aligned tab stop and separate the fields with a single tab space (Ctrl+tab
will have to be used). However, in that case, if the company name is short
and there is room for the account number on the first line, that is where it
will appear. You will however get layout that you want if the company name
is long enough to force the account number to a new line.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Aurora" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Aurora Aurora is offline

Thank You Doug for responding. Yes, your answer was the answer to my
question and it worked beautifuly. I can't tell you how much I appreciate
this web site and all of the people who are willing to help.

Again - "THANK YOU" very much.

Aurora Dickson