Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackson Jackson is offline

Default How do I prevent the paragraph mark from showing up?

I have Word 2003. When viewing a document emailed to me, paragraph marks and
other puncuating marks show on the screen, but do not show when printed.
How do I stop these from appearing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karl Karl is offline

Hi!

You should find the backward P button on your toolbar. (¶)

Other option is to go under Tools - Options - View - Formatting Marks
checkbox

--
Office ToDo
http://www.officetodo.com

"Jackson" wrote:

I have Word 2003. When viewing a document emailed to me, paragraph marks and
other puncuating marks show on the screen, but do not show when printed.
How do I stop these from appearing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll be able to work better with Word if you turn on the viewing of
paragraph marks (though perhaps not any of the other selections; I
also always have tabs visible) in the View Options menu, because you
can get weird (and unpredictable-looking) results if you add space by
pressing Enter and eventually you don't remember there are extra
paragraphs. You should add space with the Space Before / After options
in Format Paragraph.