Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gr8auntieokie gr8auntieokie is offline

Default Word 2007--Outline numbered lists

I'm applying outline numbering to an agreement where Level 1 ("Article I") of
the outline is centered on the page with no text after the number. In Word
2000, I could elect to have a tab after the number or not to have one
("Follow number with tab, space, nothing"), but I can't find the window in
Word 2007 where I can do that. With an arbitrary tab after the number, my
numbered heading is not truly centered between the L and R margins. Can you
please tell me where that window is, or how I can work around the arbitrary
tab after the number? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

On the Home Tab in the Paragraph Group, there is a command for Multilevel
List. Make sure your cursor is in the list which you are attempting to
modify. Click the down arrow next to Multilevel List. Select "Define New
Multilevel List" (I know you already have a list, but bear with me.)

At that point you can click the More button to display the rest of the
dialog box for your list, and set the Follow number with "Nothing". Once you
have your levels modified, then click OK. The changes should take place
immediately within your document.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"gr8auntieokie" wrote in message
I'm applying outline numbering to an agreement where Level 1 ("Article I")
of
the outline is centered on the page with no text after the number. In Word
2000, I could elect to have a tab after the number or not to have one
("Follow number with tab, space, nothing"), but I can't find the window in
Word 2007 where I can do that. With an arbitrary tab after the number, my
numbered heading is not truly centered between the L and R margins. Can you
please tell me where that window is, or how I can work around the arbitrary
tab after the number? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gr8auntieokie gr8auntieokie is offline

Ahhhh..... thank you SO much!! That also opens up the window that lets me
link the number to the style it goes with (we created our own styles
dedicated solely to numbering). Hey, you answered TWO" questions for the
price of one!! Thank you.