Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lorib Lorib is offline

Default Paragraph spacing

Please HELP! I'm trying to write an essay for a class.I need to double space
the sentences,but single space the paragrapghs.I can not check the box that
says not to put a extra space between similar paragrapghs.It remains greyed
and I am going crazy trying to get it fixed.If I change to single space
between paragrapghs then my whole document is single spaced.Any ideas?
THANKS!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Set Space Before/After to 0. The instruction to "single space" between the
paragraphs doesn't literally mean a single space (that would be crazy); it
just means that you should not press Enter twice to get *extra* space
between your double-spaced paragraphs.

"Lorib" wrote in message
Please HELP! I'm trying to write an essay for a class.I need to double
space
the sentences,but single space the paragrapghs.I can not check the box
that
says not to put a extra space between similar paragrapghs.It remains
greyed
and I am going crazy trying to get it fixed.If I change to single space
between paragrapghs then my whole document is single spaced.Any ideas?
THANKS!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You're not listening. Set the line spacing to Double and make sure that
there is no Space Before or After. There will be a double space between
paragraphs as well (but not double the space in the paragraph), which I'm
sure is what your instructor means, but if you are unsure, ask him or her.

"Lorib" wrote in message
Please HELP! I'm trying to write an essay for a class.I need to double
space
the sentences,but single space the paragrapghs.I can not check the box
that
says not to put a extra space between similar paragrapghs.It remains
greyed
and I am going crazy trying to get it fixed.If I change to single space
between paragrapghs then my whole document is single spaced.Any ideas?
THANKS!!

paragraph spacing Angie H Microsoft Word Help 4 June 16th 08 12:49 AM
Paragraph spacing, before and after njw Microsoft Word Help 5 May 20th 08 12:32 PM
paragraph spacing Jon Page Layout 1 July 31st 07 02:06 AM
Paragraph-End spacing Greg Microsoft Word Help 1 August 7th 06 11:41 PM
paragraph spacing in a STYLE applies within the paragraph eric matschke Microsoft Word Help 5 January 3rd 06 10:16 PM