Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pdslambeth pdslambeth is offline

Default why won't Word 2007 remember my keyboard shortcuts?

I'm new to Word 2007. I assign certain keyboard shortcuts I always use -
they work fine while the program is open - but when I exit and restart the
program next time, it hasn't remembered the shortcut. The shortcuts say
they're saving in the Normal template. I didn't have this problem with Word
2000 which I was using up to now. Can anyone suggest the cause?

Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

This could be caused by a poorly designed add-in. Did you install something
recently?

To work around the issue, you can open the normal.dotm file directly, as a
document, and then change the keyboard shortcuts. Save and close the file.

For instructions on finding the Normal template, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...alTemplate.htm.

Alternatively, you can do this: Press Alt+F11 to display the Visual Basic
Editor. Press Ctrl+G to activate the Immediate window. Type

NormalTemplate.OpenAsDocument

and press Enter.

--
Stefan Blom