Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen S

Default Getting Menu Commands to Appear

I just customized my menu bar in Office XP. However, some of the commands do
not appear ready to use, in other words they are greyed out and unaccessible.
How do I activate them? I have tried everything! Specifically, I am
interested in the Fit Text button, which I slid up to the menu bar from the
Customize option/dialog box. When I go to type the doc, the Fit Text button
isn't available to use. I can't click on it in Format, either.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen S

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to say it didn't work.
Some time ago I was able to use the button but I think it fell off from lack
of use. Now I can't get it back to save my life. =)

"Karen S" wrote:

I just customized my menu bar in Office XP. However, some of the commands do
not appear ready to use, in other words they are greyed out and unaccessible.
How do I activate them? I have tried everything! Specifically, I am
interested in the Fit Text button, which I slid up to the menu bar from the
Customize option/dialog box. When I go to type the doc, the Fit Text button
isn't available to use. I can't click on it in Format, either.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
-z

Karen,
Don't know if this will help; however,it's where I start when the
toolbar/menus start giving me fits.
In the menu bar - double click Tools
select Customize
select the {Option} tab
click on the [Reset Menu and Toolbar Usage Data] button.

You can get to the same dialoge by right-clicking on a toolbar and then
Customize

May not bring things back to where you were; however, it's often put things
to right for other "I can't find it" issues. for me
-z