help?

Old February 13th 18, 12:48 PM
jose jose jose jose is offline

Default help?

hi everyone I want to create a drop down menu where the value shown after clicking the display name is different. example i click the drop down menu you would see diagnoses "acute respiratory failure" but when you select it it will fill show the value "418.5". I try to create a billing card.
Is there any way to do this without writing a macro? I am a typical Word user, so I have no idea of the complexities of ropa premama use. I'm just learning to use the Developer tab, so please understand I'm a bit of newbie.
Thanks for any help.
Old February 14th 18, 02:35 AM
Charles K. Kenyon Charles K. Kenyon is offline
Member

Originally Posted by jose jose View Post
hi everyone I want to create a drop down menu where the value shown after clicking the display name is different. example i click the drop down menu you would see diagnoses "acute respiratory failure" but when you select it it will fill show the value "418.5". I try to create a billing card.
Is there any way to do this without writing a macro? I am a typical Word user, so I have no idea of the complexities of ropa premama use. I'm just learning to use the Developer tab, so please understand I'm a bit of newbie.
Thanks for any help.
There is no simple way to do this.
You could create a UserForm that would have a drop-down list and give you the code in the Word document at the insertion point. A Userform is a custom dialog box and does not involve the developer tab. It involves some real programming in visual basic for applications. See Create a Userform. http://www.gmayor.com/Userform.htm

If you don't mind putting the name as well as the code in your document, you could use a drop-down content control containing the names and use an IF Field to test the content and give the code. http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...s.htm#IF_field This would be easier in Excel, I think.