A Microsoft Word forum. Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter forum » Microsoft Word Newsgroups » Microsoft Word Help
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

help?

Old February 13th 18, 12:48 PM

First recorded activity by WordBanter: Feb 2018
Default help?

hi everyone I want to create a drop down menu where the value shown after clicking the display name is different. example i click the drop down menu you would see diagnoses "acute respiratory failure" but when you select it it will fill show the value "418.5". I try to create a billing card.
Is there any way to do this without writing a macro? I am a typical Word user, so I have no idea of the complexities of ropa premama use. I'm just learning to use the Developer tab, so please understand I'm a bit of newbie.
Thanks for any help.
Ads
Old February 14th 18, 02:35 AM

First recorded activity by WordBanter: Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose jose View Post
hi everyone I want to create a drop down menu where the value shown after clicking the display name is different. example i click the drop down menu you would see diagnoses "acute respiratory failure" but when you select it it will fill show the value "418.5". I try to create a billing card.
Is there any way to do this without writing a macro? I am a typical Word user, so I have no idea of the complexities of ropa premama use. I'm just learning to use the Developer tab, so please understand I'm a bit of newbie.
Thanks for any help.
There is no simple way to do this.
You could create a UserForm that would have a drop-down list and give you the code in the Word document at the insertion point. A Userform is a custom dialog box and does not involve the developer tab. It involves some real programming in visual basic for applications. See Create a Userform. http://www.gmayor.com/Userform.htm

If you don't mind putting the name as well as the code in your document, you could use a drop-down content control containing the names and use an IF Field to test the content and give the code. http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...s.htm#IF_field This would be easier in Excel, I think.